Search Details

Custom Search

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

FAQs - Password Management

Q1:I have forgotten my account password, and my account has been locked due to incorrect login attempts. How can I unlock my account and reset the password?
A:Please perform the below mentioned steps to unlock your account and reset the password:
  1. Click the 'Login' link on the Passport Seva Online Portal Home Page (URL: www.passportindia.gov.in), and then click the 'Having trouble Logging in?' link.
  2. Enter 'Login Id' and 'Date of Birth'; then select an option from one of the below dropdown lists:
    • Use my Hint Question: Will prompt you to enter answer for the 'Hint Question' that you have entered while creating the Passport Seva account. Once the correct answer is provided, you will be prompted to enter a new password of your choice.
    • Send a message to my registered e-mail Id: A link to reset your password will be sent to your registered e-mail Id. This link will be valid only for two hours from the request initiation time. You need to login to your registered e-mail Id and click the link to reset your password. In case you do not receive any e-mail communication from Passport Seva within two hours, you may follow the password reset process again.
Q2:I cannot remember my login Id and Date of Birth. On attempting to unlock the account, the error 'Login Id and Date of Birth do not match' displays. How can I retrieve my account information?
A:An intimation e-mail must have been received by you on creation of Passport Seva account that contains your user Id and Date of Birth. You may check the same e-mail and retrieve your user Id and Date of Birth. Alternatively, you may create a new account, if you are not able to recall/retrieve your user Id.
Q3:I am unable to login to my account. On attempting to unlock the account through the 'Use my Hint Question' option, the error 'Hint question and answer do not match. Re-enter details.' displays. How can I retrieve my account information?
A:The 'Hint Question' appearing on using the 'Use my Hint Question' option, is the one that you have selected on creating your Passport Seva account. The Hint Question's answer is case-sensitive and you need to enter it in the manner as it was entered while creating the account.
Q4:How can I reset my password, if I have forgotten my Hint Answer?
A:You can also reset your password by selecting the 'Send a message to my registered e-mail Id' option available on the 'Having trouble logging in?' screen.
Q5:I did not receive the e-mail after selecting the 'Send a message to my registered e-mail Id' option available on the 'Having trouble logging in?' screen while resetting the password. How to proceed further?
A:Please check if there is any e-mail from Passport Seva in the Spam folder of your e-mail account. In case you do not receive any e-mail within two hours of your previous attempt, please follow the password reset process again.
Q6:The link provided in the received Password Reset e-mail is not working. What should I do?
A:The link sent in the Password Reset e-mail expires after two hours from the time when the request was raised. Please follow the password reset procedure again to receive a new link in e-mail.
Q7:Can I modify the details that were provided during account creation/ User Registration Process?
A:You may login with your account and select "Modify Profile" link to change any of the following details: Given Name, Surname, Date of Birth, e-mail address, Hint question and answer.

Please note that the "Passport Office" name provided during account creation/ User Registration Process cannot be changed using "Modify Profile". To change the passport office details you have to re-register yourself on the website.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment